Thursday, January 22, 2009

Buried treasure

I have mentioned several times previously my tendency to accumulate piles of cra.... I mean stuff that I'm not sure where to file, or what to do with, but cannot under any circumstances bring myself to throw out.

I went looking through one such pile, and found this book, which I had forgotten I'd purchased. Out of sight out of mind, as they say.


Hard Cases by Bryan Bruce.

This is a true crime book looking into some of New Zealand's most notorious murder cases including the David Tamahere case, the Thomas murders, and the murder of Kirsty Bently, amongst others. Bryan Bruce created the television series The Investigator, and I presume this book is a follow up to that series.

Now I have rediscovered this acquisition I look forward to having a good read. There are plenty of photographs to accompany the text, and the peeks I've had look interesting.

Hopefully I'll discover a few more, ahem, forgotten purchases buried in other piles around the house.

No comments: