Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday things


Been blogospherily absent, sorry, been busy.

A few things:

Sold the house - Thank God, now I can relax, sort of, because...

Now packing madly - realise just how many books I own now I'm having to find enough boxes to pack them in! Hmmmm.

Write On Radio Show was the other day and I didn't even get time to blog about it.

Speaking of Write On, our lovely sponsor Java Hair Studio has been sold, so we lose our sponsor. Any one out there want to sponsor a radio show?

I know I'm not supposed to be spending any money, but I couldn't resist a 'The Big Sleep' Raymond Chandler Penguin Books mug. Oops.

Off to see Lee Child tonight...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanda - I wish you well with your move; my family and I went through that at the end of January and I sometimes think we are still not compmletely recovered. Glad to hear the house sold, and I love that mug!

Beattie's Book Blog said...

Great news about selling the house. Well done. Enjoy the Lee Child show, a really nice and interesting guy.
Ciao,

Kiwicraig said...

Have fun at the Lee Child event!

Dave B said...

Paul and I went to see Lee on Thursday night in Christchurch. It was great, about 600 people I think (overheard from someone). Lee was great, I didn't think too much of the guy interviewing him though (don't know his name). He was just a little dry and whilst his questions were okay, I found that he kept drawing the energy level down after Lee had raised it with the answer or anecdote he had just given.

Anyway, it was cool to see the turnout even if it meant book signings took an hour and a half.

Dorte H said...

Congratulations on selling your house!

I am happy I won´t have to pack all my books, though.

Rachael King said...

Great, you sold the house! Now it's our turn, going on the market this week. If anyone wants a three bedroom plus office with spectacular and writing-inspiring wellington views, get in touch via my blog...

We also had to pu all my dad's books into storage. 120 boxes.

Vanda Symon said...

120 boxes of books makes me not feel quite so bad about my effort, Rachael!

Boxes, boxes, everywhere...