Top ten procrastination methods from writing a novel:
(In no particular order)
1. Blogging - and checking for 'comments' - a black hole of time, but fun!
2. Checking out everyone else's blog's - essential for staving off writer's isolation blues.
3. Email - almost as bad as blogging, almost.
4. Dealing with the laundry - hoping inspiration comes when pegging out on the line, and the bl**dy rain stays away.
5. Vacuuming - because those cornflakes can't stay on the carpet a second longer.
6.Cleaning the shower - Really desperate now.
7. Going to the letterbox - ever hopeful for cheques, letters from Creative New Zealand to say yes, we think you're worth it, or even any letter, written with those archaic tools, pen and paper.
8. Writing said archaic letters - yes, I'm an old fashioned kind of a girl.
9. Dealing with the kids strewn toys - handy hint for other parents - invest in a rake.
10. Doing the recycling - procrastinating with a clear conscience.
Other suggestions welcome...