Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Girl Who Played With Fire


By Stieg Larsson

This is the second book in the Millenium Trilogy. I loved the first, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and would have to say I enjoyed this one even more.

Two journalists are found dead in their Stockholm apartment, and a Lawyer is also found dead in his home. The deaths are linked by the same murder weapon, and the fingerprints found on the weapon - those of Lisbeth Salander. While a nation-wide man hunt searches for the young women, those who have worked with her and been close to her question her involvement.

Again, this novel has fantastic characterisation, and a complex and satisfying story line. I enjoyed its sense of place and Swedishness, which added another element of interest, not that it needed any more. It makes me even more impatient to read the third in the trilogy, due out later in the year. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Hugh Macmillan said...

Vanda,
I just checked the Dunedin Public Library catalogue. Seems like a lot of other readers are in complete agreement with you.

Holds galore!

Happy reading,

Hugh