Monday, April 13, 2009

Thanks for the Meme-ory

One of the curiosities of the blogosphere is memes, which is kind of like an adult version of tag. One of the memes I watched with interest is along the lines of list 25 interesting things about me. This doesn't call for the usual hum drum stuff like I've got blonde hair and blue eyes (which I don't, by the way) but curious little tidbits like my whistle was recorded on National Radio for a school choir song (which is true.)(The song was The cat came back)

Anyway this got me to thinking what a fun exercise it would be to do this for my book character - 25 curious things about Sam Shephard you didn't know. I thought it would be an interesting and quirky way to background a character - so that is going to be one of my school holiday activities, along with filing my mountains of newspaper clippings.


Another lovely thing about the blogosphere is the circulation of awards, which let you know that hey, someone out there is really enjoying your blog, so I was delighted to recieve a Sisterhood Award from Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise.

As with these awards there are a few simple rules:


1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nomina
te up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your award.
I'm going to pass on this Sisterhood Award to one very worthy recipient, because she has slogged her guts out and managed to produce a novel manuscript in a very short intense time, while still working full time, being Mum and Queen of her household and has almost stayed sane in the process, so this one is winging its way to Tania Roxborogh over at Banquo's Son

No comments: