Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bits n Pieces

A few random thoughts...

After an hour of exploration I have re-discovered the wooden surface of my desk. It's been a long time since I've seen it.

After the exercise mentioned above, I will concede that yes, a girl can have too many notebooks - I found sixteen of them with various jottings inside. Hmmmm.

Writing a CV is hard.

Writing a Robert Burns Fellowship application is harder.

I want this new book by PD James. And Bookman Beattie, you are naughty tempting me with this, you know I don't need any more encouragement to buy books!

I was amused and amazed to find this in the footpath of Queen Street in Auckland...


3 comments:

Rachael King said...

What a cool thing to stumble across (the Tuwhare poem I mean).

Vanda Symon said...

I know, and it seemed so odd, a southern writer on an Auckland pavement. It also seemed to be the only poem. There were other writings, but most were giving historical information.

Does anyone know the relevance or context of the poem?

Law and Order said...

How did a Southerner get to stumble across that before a Northerner! Very cool! I have a small book of poetry by Hone Tuwhare, 1970. The first poem is called Haiku! It's beautiful!