Friday, September 11, 2009

Diana Gabaldon is coming to town...


I plead guilty to often whinging that international authors seldom visit Dunedin, presumably because their publishers feel it is one step away from Antarctica and therefore not worth the effort. So I was delighted to read a little snippet in the Otago Daily Times which announced American author Diana Gabaldon is including Dunedin in her tour of the country to promote her latest book.

I have been a fan and a follower of her Outlander series, or Cross Stitch series as we know it, since the get go, and like many women I'm sure, fell in love with Jamie Fraser and felt like Claire was my closest friend. So at last we will have the next book in the series, An Echo in the Bone.

Diana will be hosted by the Dunedin Public Library and will be talking at the Sir Clifford Skeggs Gallery in the Municipal Chambers on Tuesday November the 3rd at 5.30pm.

I've already booked my seat!

No comments: