Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Murder They Wrote

On Thursday I get the treat of hopping on a plane, winging it to Wellington and pretending to be a grown up to do a New Zealand Book Council Event called Murder They Wrote.

Actually, I'm as excited as hell, because I get to enjoy the company of Kiwi crime writers Paul Cleave and Neil Cross as we talk about the fact we make a living (well, actually, that's not entirely true) out of killing people. I think the event is a great nod towards the realisation there is a growing number of NZ crime writers who are proudly doing their thing, and doing it well.

It promises to be a lively discussion, so if you happen to be in Welly on Thursday, come along.

Murder, they wrote:

Thursday 27th May

6.00pm

Cafe L'Affare
27 College St
Te Aro
Wellington

Tickets $16.00 ($14.00 for NZ Book Council members)
Available from the Wellington Central Library.

6 comments:

Penelope said...

Enjoy, Vanda. And they'll enjoy you. Thanks, too, for heartening review of Island with Jim Mora. :)

J.T. Webster said...

Have a great time, Vanda.
Sounds like it will be an intersting night. I almost wish I lived in Wellington!

Kiwicraig said...

I can't make it along, but I'm sending an 'undercover reporter' for Crime Watch :-)

Hope it goes really well, and you get a good crowd. I understand tickets are selling pretty well.

Hopefully it is the first of many such local events showcasing Kiwi crime and thriller writers.

Pen said...

Feeling furiously jealous of Wellington right now....

Kiwicraig said...

Heard it went great Vanda. Hope you had an enjoyable evening.

Vanda Symon said...

It was a blast!