Thursday, November 11, 2010

Old age and treachery...


Gawd life has been busy - I haven't blogged because I've barely got near my computer. I've managed a few emails and that's it. It wasn't helped by our home network going phut. Anyway, I am here, just to say I won't be here for a few days, well won't be here in cyberspace. I'll be in Dunedin competing in the National Fencing Championships. Yep, I'm going to get out there among the shiny young things and do my thing - epee on Saturday, foil on Sunday and teams competition on Monday. I'm hoping what they say is true, that old age and treachery will overcome youth and exuberance!

7 comments:

Pen said...

Best of luck and have have fun!! I look forward to hearing how you did. ;)

Anonymous said...

Vanda - Sounds like a great time! Enjoy yourself and do well!

Damon Young said...

Good luck, Vanda. I didn't know you fenced.

Now that I do, allow me a quick plug: my new collection, Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness, has three chapters on fencing.

You might like 'Fencing is the Loneliest Martial Art', on the sport's treachery and selfishness.

Dorte H said...

En guarde!

I am perfectly able to sit on the fence for ever, but you´ll probably have to be more pro-active than that. Good luck!

Kiwicraig said...

Good luck Vanda

Vanda Symon said...

Came seventh in the epee, and had a lot of fun!

Claire Beynon said...

Good on you, Vanda - and 7 is a prime. Even better! xx