Friday, February 20, 2009

I am a bad, bad girl...


...and I can't be trusted at a book sale.

This weekend is the annual, much anticipated Dunedin Public Library Book Sale. I'm a Friend of the Library, and one of the perks of being a Friend is you get to go to the sale preview before the general public gets let lose on the books.

I thought to myself, there are a couple of books I'm trying to track down, maybe I'll find them there. I'll just pop in for ten minutes, buy a couple of books, a book each for the kids, pop straight out.

Ahem.

Bad Vanda.

Confession time:


For Me:

Fiction:

Janet Evanovich, High Five, Twelve Sharp and Lean, Mean Thirteen.
Tess Gerritsen, The Bone Garden.
Ian Rankin, The Naming of the Dead.
Jeffery Deaver, The Sleeping Doll.
Michael Collins, Death of a Writer,
John Le Carre, The Spy Who Came in From the Cold (1964 with a cool cover)
Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
2001 the Best American Mystery Stories
Stevan Eldred-Grigg Blue Blood (One of the characters in this novel is Ngaio Marsh!)

Non-Fiction:

A Shopping list for Murder, Robyn Beveridge
Catching Serial Killers, Earl James
He'll be OK: Growing gorgeous boys into good men, Celia Lashlie.

For the kids:

4 Asterix books,
1 Roald Dahl
2 Harry Potter
1 Geronimo Stilton,
Philip Pullman Northern Lights
Quidditch through the ages.
Everything you need to know about the world by Simon Eliot.
Collins Pocket English Dictionary.


What can I say.

I can't help myself.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Now you'll just have to go buy yet another new bookshelf!

Kerrie said...

I hate the way they just beg to be taken home!