Wednesday, December 22, 2010

56!

No, that's not my age! That's how many books I've managed to read this year. That's over one a week, which is great for me because I'm not a fast reader - I'm a savourer of words, I like to roll them around in my head and enjoy them. Last year I didn't manage to break the fifty mark, so I'm chuffed to have done it this year. I guess having more reviewing to do on radio and television has made me keep my reading up, which is a good thing.

So the breakdown:

20 of those books were crime fiction
17 books were non-fiction
37 books were written by New Zealanders

Here's the interesting bit though...my TBR pile is a lot more than 56 books!!!

5 comments:

Dorte H said...

103! No, it´s not my age, but the number of books I have read.

And I have gone the opposite way. I read nearly 130 last year, and I tried to get below the 100 mark this year because for every hour I read, I spend one hour less on my writing. But I do need to relax with a book a few hours most days.

PC said...

It is MY age though, and a piece of trivia about the age of 56: apparently that's when a woman becomes a "crone" :-)

Happy Christmas, and thanks for your faithfulness to your blog, unlike *cough* some of us...

P x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I've been thinking of your post from last year and how you wanted the number to be in this ballpark. When I find my list for the first half of the year I'll give you a break down of my 2010 books.

Vanda Symon said...

Dorte - I think you may be the first person I know who is actively trying to read less! Perfectly valid reason to do so - so does that mean we get to read more of your writing?

Oh PC - so does that make me, a friend of the crone a cronie?!!! I won't make any rude comments about the frequency of your blog posts. Does Face Book have something to do with that?

Erin, I had a mental image of you guys trying to find anything with your life having been packed away in a shipping container for so long. Missing Norrie? (-;

Dorte H said...

That depends ... if some publisher buys either my Danish or my English manuscript, you may.