Friday, December 10, 2010

And another happy bit of pre-Christmas news...

...I now have an agent!

Courtesy of the ups and downs of the publishing world, the departure from Penguin New Zealand of Geoff Walker - my publisher and rock and shoulder to lean on, and the constant nagging of Paul Cleave, I finally got my act together and went in search of an agent.

So I am absolutely chuffed to say I am now represented by Gregory & Company, of London. They are a  specialty agency, particularly crime fiction, and have a few names on their list of whom you may be familiar - Val McDermid, Mo Hayder, Minette Walters, Paul Cleave, and now moi!

Lets hope it leads to great things. I feel a little more secure in my world now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanda - That is lovely news! Thanks for sharing it, and I wish you a long a successful relationsip.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

So thrilled for you Vanda, it will be onward and upward I'm sure.

All the very best for 2011

PC xo

Kerrie said...

Well done Vanda

J.T. Webster said...

Great news Vanda.

Joanne Ganley said...

Superb!

Dorte H said...

What excellent news for you!

I have just started the process; I hope there will be an agent left for me somewhere :D

Val McDermid said...

You couldn't have made a better choice, Vanda. They've represented me for 22 years and they're a great team. (They're also great fun!)

Pen said...

That is awesome news Vanda. I look forward to seeing where this takes you. The world is your oyster! All the best.

thegedle said...

What more could an author want for christmas?

Vanda Symon said...

Thank you one and all - as I said, in a world of uncertainty, this has certainly helped me to feel a teeny weeny bit more secure.

Great to hear from you Val, and that you've had such a great experience with Gregory & Co. From what I've seen so far, they are a lot of fun!