Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I know I shouldn't have, but...

Those lousy folk at The University Book Shop have been tempting me again. I'm sure they realise how little I have in the way of will-power when it comes to books, so they keep having these buy 2 get 1 free sales in their upstairs continuous book sale. They are, truly, evil.


So their latest sale resulted in ...

Whispers of the Dead, by Simon Beckett
The Girl of His Dreams, by Donna Leon
The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl
Nature Girl, by Carl Hiaasen
An Imaginative Experience, by Mary Wesley
The Transit of Venus- the collected lectures of the Royal Society of New Zealand.

Well, it would have been silly not to take advantage of the sale, wouldn't it?

And in reality, it's all UBS's fault!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanda - If you're going to have a weakness, you might as well have one for books :-). I think you will really like the Beckett book, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Leon book, too. And I happen to like Carl Hiaasen quite a lot. Enjoy!!

Dorte H said...

One can never have too many crime novels - and that Simon Beckett would also have won me over if I hadn´t had it on my TBR already.

Vanda Symon said...

Hi Margot and Dorte! I'll have to acquire the middle Simon Beckett book as I haven't read that yet.

I picked up the Carl Hiaasen book after reading on someone's blog (was it yours Margot?) about his books being a good laugh.

Our holiday project is to build bookshelves...

Vanda Symon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.