Saturday, August 2, 2008

And now, the reviews.

This morning's Otago Daily Times had two items on your's truly and The Ringmaster. I was in such a nervous rush to read the article about moi, that I didn't realise there was a separate review as well until Hubby pointed it out.

Sleep deprivation probably had something to do with it. We have nine in the house at the moment, and two of them are chundering! Please, no more, please, please.

Anyway, the article was good and the review favourable, except for a bit of a spoiler.

Here are the links:

Murder mystery close to home.

Sleuth at home in Dunedin.

I shall go deal with the, ahem, interesting laundry...

4 comments:

Law and Order said...

Those are great reviews. I have to go out and buy it right now! I read Ian Rankins "Exit Music" a few months back. But sadly, I haven't read any of the previous Inspector Rebus novels. So I think I will stick to homegrown detective novels namely Sam Shepard and follow the series from beginning to end. That way I won't miss out.

Hugh Macmillan said...

We have nine in the house at the moment

Nine what?

Good ODT review.

Well done you.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Congratulations on the ODT review and the feature. May the fuss continue.

But it should be against the law for a reviewer to include a spoiler like that one... I am SO glad I didn't read the ODT this morning before I read the relevant chapter, which was so beautifully written I wept. And I read it again and wept again. You certainly have a gift for creating believable characters. Well done!

Vanda Symon said...

Thanks all, and yes, the spoiler annoyed the heck out of me, but what can you do?

Now there's only one puking. Fingers crossed.