Tuesday, March 31, 2009

But where are the killers?

At last the programme for the Auckland Writers and Readers Festival is out, and I've just whiled away a good slot of what should have been writing time perusing the events.

BUT what is this? Where are the crime writers?

My plane tickets are booked, I can't back out now, and yes, there are plenty of wonderful writers to entice and inspire me, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm disappointed there are no crime fiction writers. Last year I got to enjoy listening to Peter Temple and discovered the fabulous Mo Hayder, but this year... What happened?

I will get to see Joanne Drayton talking about Ngaio Marsh, and Jo is a fabulous speaker, so there is some sweetness for the crime palate, but otherwise, sigh.

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

They did that last year with Melbourne Writers Festival Vanda. Most annoying. I don't understand organisers when crime fiction is so popular.