Monday, March 30, 2009

Murder in a strange climate

The weekend's Otago Daily Times printed this article by The Observer's Tobias Jones called Getting away with Murder, looking at some of the exotic locations of the crime fiction being written today. Included in his list was Istanbul, with Jason Goodwin's The Janissary Tree, which I finished reading recently and Botswana, home of Precious Ramotswe, Alexander McCall Smith's traditionally built heroine. It is an interesting article and well worth a read.

While I was tracking it down on The Observer's website, I came across this little treasure on Writers' Rooms, on Guardian.co.uk. Go on, have a look at other writers' rooms, the little background stories that go with them are lovely, and a bit of an insight. It got me tempted to take a photo of my writing area, but then I thought it would be too embarrasing as it is so messy, but then, you may want to see how messy my desk is!

2 comments:

Law and Order said...

I love reading the WRITERS' ROOMS. Inspiring. Like you, my writing room is a mess! Means we're writing, right?

Vanda Symon said...

Of course it does!