Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brain fade


It's been a day.

The Bloddy cat woke me up at 5.30am this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep, so that was not good. (She is to be banished to the kitchen tonight)

Today was radio show day. The advantage of the cat waking me up at such an unsociable hour was I got to write out my interview questions and get it all sorted before breakfast.

Deadline day is next Friday, which in reality means Thursday, so the manuscript is with the publisher on Friday so I've been in panic, I mean polish mode for a few weeks now. I've been aiming on editing ten chapters a day (I know) and have been meeting that target, until today, because it was a busy day with other things and I am TIRED. Today I did three chapters, and a radio show, and a heck of a lot of Mummy/ domestic things and had guests for dinner (the fabulous variety that come for dinner, but bring dinner, oh yes.) And the host-guest (who cooks) brought me the gift of a book (darn) because she raved about it and thought I'd like it. come again anytime, Laura.

So it's been a full, writery, and social day, and I am replete on good food and wine, and have the pleasure of adding David Eggers' What is the What to my bedside reading table.

Sigh.

Good night all.

2 comments:

brenda said...

Hi there

This is not really a comment, but I couldn't find your email contact on the site ...

I'd like to draw your attention to NZ On Screen [www.nzonscreen.com].

This NZ-based website showcases NZ-made television and film. Programmes are freely available to view through the site.

However its relevance to you is that I see that you have a keen interest in Ngaio Marsh.

We have a full length documentary about Ngaio Marsh on the NZ on Screen site.

Three New Zealanders: Ngaio Marsh
[http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/three-new-zealanders-ngaio-marsh-1977]

I thought I'd send it through in case you're interested in linking to it or noting it in your blog.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Brenda

Vanda Symon said...

HI Brenda,

Yes, I discovered the Ngaio Marsh interviews, it was amazing to see and to hear her - what a distinctive voice, it was most unexpected.

I hope they put any other treasures of her on screen too.