Sunday, March 14, 2010

Neat freak

I have discovered a new black hole of time. And no, I haven't joined Face Book, because I know full well it would eat away at my time, courtesy of eating away at my resolve to not have to know exactly what's going on in everyone's lives on a minute by minute basis.

So what is this black hole?

It's cleaning.

Yes, you heard it from me, cleaning. Cleaning and its close friend, tidying. I realise these are words you thought you'd never heard uttered by me, but, I am suddenly having to be fastidious about these things. This is what happens when you do something rash like decide to sell your house.

Consequently my shower has been cleaned more in the last two weeks than it has in months. It is so shiny I need to put my sun glasses on to have a splash in the morning. Ditto the floors, which have been mopped far more often than I deem sensible. My desk is so tidy its scary. Hell, I even dusted stuff, yes, seriously!

So, you ask, do you like your house cleaner and tidier Vanda? Is it something you could get used to?

And the short answer is, er, NO!

I, Vanda Symon would like to announce to the world, unashamedly and unreservedly, I like my clutter. I find this terribly clean and tidy house unnatural and it is so not me.

Bring back my mess!!!!

5 comments:

PC said...

Facebook would be more fun Vanda. I know because I have fallen for it, and you're right, you'd love it. Hehe.
Signed, the evil tempter :)

Erin said...

Your house tidy... oh dear, does that mean we have to follow suit? What is the best thing you've found that you forgot you owned?

Dorte H said...

Oh, tell me about it (because that will never ever hit me).

I wish you luck with selling your house so you can go back to your safe & cosy clutter!

Dave B said...

You are welcome to come to my house anytime. If you have an affinity with cleaning clutter ... I can think of no better place for you to be.

:)

Vanda Symon said...

We seem to be having people through every day so it is soooo tidy it is scary! It is also doing my head in. I cannot wait to return to my slovenly ways.