Monday, June 15, 2009

The Big Sleep


I've been enjoying reading so much about Raymond Chandler and his writing recently that when I saw this title in The University Book Shop for the miserly sum of $12.99 I simply couldn't resist. Especially when the first thing written on the back cover is the quote...

"Neither of the two people in the room paid any attention to the way I came in, although only one of them was dead."

Then when I was googling to find the right cover image I came across this article which talks about an Los Angeles Raymond Chandler tour.

I wonder if they'll ever have a Vanda Symon Dunedin tour, for all the interesting places I've dumped bodies and had, er, slightly dramatic events? Time will tell.

The met service have issued a heavy snow warning for Dunedin overnight. Lets see if they get it right this time!

2 comments:

Hugh Macmillan said...

Snow? Yes the metservice got it right.

Good excuse for a freezing walk on the beach and then hot soup - we've done both already (polishes halo).

Vanda Symon said...

Snow days are wonderful, and there's the odd fact that you can't help but smile at the sight of fluffy snow flakes wafting past your window. It brings out the inner five-year-old in all of us!