Friday, December 4, 2009

At last, the last...


I have been busily acquiring second hand (or third, or fourth hand) copies of Ngaio Marsh novels, and am pleased to be able to say I have finally nabbed the last of them. A Surfeit of Lampreys was eluding me, but thanks to the marvel (ahem) that is Trade Me for the last purchase, I now have a copy of each of them, and two of some (the covers were cool, so how could I resist?)

Of course one of the dangers of trolling Trade Me is you can get a little distracted by other objects. I was wanting The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, which I got, along with eight other Agatha Christie novels which I paid the grand sum of $2.00 for. I think that was good value! Where the value doesn't quite stack up is the couple of hundred bucks I need to spend on shelves to house all of the extra books. Hmmm. Maybe best not to mention that to Hubby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll love both A Surfeit of Lampreys and The Murder of Roger Ackroynd , I think. Well, at least I thoroughly enjoyed them both! I'm glad you were able to find them.

Kerrie said...

Well done Vanda. I thought of you yesterday when I located a bunch of Marsh titles including 2 copies of TIED UP IN TINSEL in a second hand book shop in my parent's home town. I'll try to fit reading TINSEL in soon, but there are so many books on my pile...

Kiwicraig said...

Nicely done Vanda. I've been using TradeMe, Sella, and Zillion to build up my quickly-growing library of out-of-print and hard-to-find books. I haven't been collecting Marsh yet (concentrating instead on lesser-known authors), but you're right - it's amazing what pops up on there. Often at very reasonable prices.

Let me know if you come across any of Freda Bream's cosy mysteries.