Friday, November 21, 2008

Invisible Evidence


I was almost crushed under an avalanche of stuff from the bookcase that sits next to my desk. It contains my most frequently used reference material as well as all those things that need to be shoved somewhere, anywhere so I can find a big enough area on the desk to fit the keyboard.

Every now and again the bookcase has a kind of allergic reaction and effectively sneezes to clear the blockage.

One of the books sneezed out was this little gem from Bill O'Brien - Invisible Evidence: Forensics in New Zealand. Bill's an ex-coppa turned writer so knows what he's talking and writing about.

Invisible Evidence is very handy and covers the up to date technology and methods used in forensic science here. With everything from crime-scene examination, to pathology, to document examination and the latest isotopic analysis.

So if you're looking for a handy little forensics reference book, or even one of those cool little books to give for Christmas to someone difficult to buy for (ie. a bloke) - mystery solved.

4 comments:

The Paradoxical Cat said...

I did my first stint of Xmas shopping this evening at the Meridian and started by browsing at the bookshop next to the Meridian Mall foodcourt. They had your RINGMASTER in a prominent spot on the top shelf of a stand at the front of the shop - obviously pitching it as a good choice for a Xmas gift. :-)

And to my amazement they also had the latest Janet Frame reissue on the same shelf. Good on the Meridian Whitcoulls!

Keep it local, folks.

Vanda Symon said...

I saw that stand and the Janet Frame and I too thought, good on them.

The Paradoxical Cat said...

Yep, it's not a generosity towards NZ writing that I generally associate with Whitcoulls. Grrr.

But credit where it's due - that particular shop has a good stock of local books right now, just in time for the Xmas shoppers and the cruise ship season.

Bless them.

P x

Kerrie said...

Hello Vanda
Just letting you know that my review of OVERKILL is up.
http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/2008/11/review-overkill-vanda-symon.html