Friday, November 14, 2008

It's a girl...

...and she's big and she's beautiful.

She's got a 20 inch widescreen back-lit LCD display, a cd/dvd drive that actually works. She'll talk directly to my camera without spitting the dummy, and talk to my scanner. She's got a decent girth to her so I can do side by side documents. She's got an amazing memory (as all kids do - just ask one to play the memory card game with you and you'll soon feel shamed) and will do exactly as I ask.

Although Mme iBook has seen me through three novels, if you count the one I'm completing, and Hubby through an MBA, I shall not mourn her retirement. Lets face it, she was getting a bit tired and crotchety, and from an entirely practical standpoint, it's not easy drumming out a novel on a laptop with a squinky-winky tiny screen coz these eyes ain't getting any younger. We'll trot the old girl out when we travel and for those times when portability is desirable (although, we'd need the power cord, because Mme Mac's only good for about 20 minutes now). And I'm sure the kids will try to lay claim to her, so she won't feel entirely left out.

But for now, I only have eyes for my new baby, Miss iMac...sigh...

I think I'll name her Molly.

3 comments:

Mary McCallum said...

Sorry Vanda -- Mary surely goes better with iMac

Anonymous said...

Heh! I'm about to firewire through the innards of my old Mac into the new one (I go for the 20inch screen - the 24inch gives me neckswivellitis.) The old one turned out to be an Apple lemon, developed a casing crack nobody can explain, is prone to freeze for no reason (this is after the problem of it arbitarily switching itself off was sorted), is over 4 years old and I wont be sorry to pop it away under the bed or somewhere, for use in a backup situation only. The new baby is cool in aluminium; more svelte...and has 350gig on the hard-drive as well as the Intel Core Duo chip & Leopard...ahhhh!

Rats, it also means my excuse list has just vanished...

Vanda Symon said...

The aluminium is a beautiful finish. I slapped an extra 2 gig of RAM in as well and I can't believe how fast this baby is compared to Mme iBook. Ooooh, and the new operating system means I finally get widgets! I've been coveting Hubby's widgets.

Enjoy the new toy Keri.

I would have found it a bit odd calling her Mary Mac, Mary Mc; but Molly suits well.