Of all the interesting requests I've had, this one was the strangest, and most amusing. Take one plastic skull (make believe it's real) for an outing to the beach and get a cover shot for the novel.
1. Temperature. Two days after the big snow, surrounding hills still white, about 4 degrees out of the wind.
2. The kind people who lent me the skull didn't want it immersed in sand or water. They were quite emphatic about that.
3. The people requesting the photo wanted it as realistic as possible with the skull poking out of the sand or water.
4. Did I mention Yorick wasn't supposed to get sandy or wet?
5. Did I mention the temperature.
Let's face it, it was never going to work, and you can guess by the fact I'm blogging these pics Yorick is not going to be making a guest appearance on my cover. But I have to say, despite getting very strange looks from people, barked at by dogs and bl**dy cold lying on the sand, it was really quite fun!
I think the pics are kind of amusing and endearing in a strange kind of a way.
Not the sort of thing you do every day.
So in no particular order...
I was strolling at the beach one day...
Fido the Staffy told me quite loudly that he wasn't sure about all this. His owner gave me a veeeeery wide berth.
Yorick acquires new hair do...
Liked the reflections in this one, got a bit caught up in the moment...
Please note, both Yorick and photographer are wet now. Bugger.
But Yorick is still smiling...